Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Well, I'm back from riding my bike. I'm going to try to do that more often; I hate it when my legs get a little weaker after a few weeks of not riding. Did a few extra miles today just because I felt like it. I guess today is one of the few weekdays I'm not tired beyond all levels of insomnia. It's really quite nice...

Anyway, pretty crappy-average day, dealt with a good bit of boringness and incompetence today, but then again, I usually do. Slept in English while everyone else read Julius Caesar, and as irresponsible as that sounds, it really isn't, considering I've already read the first act anyway. Damnable slow people. If anyone ever asks me what foreshadowing is again, I'll just flip out and kill them. Like a ninja.

I always get to PE too early. I swear, it's not fun to go into the locker room and it's just you the coach. From now on, I walk slowly. In any case, continued to play basketball with the same crowd: Bryan, the big guy Jeremy from my choir, Chris, and a couple of Whatshisnames. I actually made a shot today! It increased our score from one to two at the end of the period. Amazing.

I can't stand programming! It can't get any worse. The only thing I have to do is read PvP on the internet, once I go to the trouble of hacking the crappy little internet restraint program, playing NetHack, which I saved onto my student disk, or sleeping. Their internet bugs me too... It's got some firewall crap that only lets you go to certain websites. I think tomorrow I'll just delete it, or plant some backdoor virus in it, or something. I really just don't feel like playing by their rules anymore. Who the hell cares if I turn up the resolution on the monitors? They're not going to emit any more radiation then they did, and it makes the workspace for Visual SHITSIC a little less retarded. I put the Goddamn taskbar on auto-hide and people can't find it anymore. I despise ineptitude.

Chemistry kinda sucked today, as we had a quiz. I had no idea what I was doing, and although Mr.McCormick said I did every single thing wrong, I got an 80 on it. Such a cool teacher. Hurrah for bulletproof vest-jackets and cigars!

Oh dear. We're beginning to learn our music in choir for New York, and usually this would make me pretty happy to be in there, but now we're forced to practice it at home. No, it's not just a sort of trust thing, it's for a grade. Mrs.Travis come back to haunt me in my high-school years. We've got to fill out our rehearsal schedule and get it signed by our parents. I think I would seriously rather do after-school rehearsals every day. At least I could get rides in Julia's ubercar. But on the subject of the music, I found something a little interesting: at the end of one of the songs, the very last note for every part is just an eighth note with an arrow pointing upward, and it says "Any note, as high as possible". Jesus fucking Christ. Figuratively. If we actually do that, it's going to sound really weird. For once, however, I may enjoy sectional seating. Can you imagine being on the edge of the sopranos during that? I'd go deaf!

Jenn's not feeling too well today, and now she's got a fever. Why is everyone getting diseased? It's so sad! I bet Rob will feel all better and come back to school, and Julia will get the plague or something. Accursed sickness.

I had this really screwed up dream last night that I thought I'd share. I was walking out of the high rise with Halley after fourth period, and once we got out of the little rain-cover deal, I saw this gleam in the air and just like that, this javelin impaled me and staked me to the ground through my side. Halley was like, "Wow John, should I pull the javelin out?" And then, once I was being carted to an ambulance, I noticed that Mary had been in her lacrosse uniform, and had been the thrower, from over by the choir building. She was like, "Sorry!"

Tonight I'm sleeping with the fan on. Without any ambient noise, I think my subconscious mind loses itself.

No comments: