Saturday, August 26, 2006

grilled kajiki

Today and yesterday have been some of the best workdays ever. My game, so to speak, is on. I am on my game. You know.

I am addicted to this place that I live. It's an obsession, almost. Maybe everyone is like this about their first apartment, but this place is fucking adorable. I would take some more up-to-date pictures but it'll have to wait until I buy batteries tomorrow. We've got the big lobster platter (thanks Mom and Dad), the floor lamp with different-colored bulbs, the nice cutting board, utensils and pans hanging on the walls, shelf full of cookbooks and muffin pans and rolling pins. And lovely green plants that aren't dying anymore (transplant was badly needed)!

In other news, my "ex" and I have gotten back together. We sort of went our seperate ways at the beginning of the summer since she was going on a school-related tour of several Asian countries for the summer, but now that she's back, we picked up where we left off. This makes me happy; we get along well, in the sense that I can't even remember us ever having a fight or argument. She also brought me back coffee beans and spices from Cambodia, which is a surefire way to win my heart.

Tonight for a VIP amuse-bouche, I made an heirloom tomato concassè with chardonnay, fresh basil, garlic, shallot, and our five-spice duck confit. Hopefully, sensual creations like this will eventually earn me a place in Hell as the devil's personal chef.

No comments: