Sunday, July 25, 2004

Yesterday I was hired from 2 to 5 to be the host at an open house (guy who sits at a card table and doesn't really do anything). It paid ten bucks an hour, and only three people came, so for the majority of the thing, I was walking around a completely empty house, singing to myself. The most boring/easy 30 bucks I've ever made.

I think I'm going to work out today. I've been on about a weeklong rest period, because I think I may have been overtraining myself. I think after all the bench-pressing I did with Shawn and Sterling, plus the five or six workouts I've done so far, I moved to a plateau where I wasn't improving, until my last workout, where I increased my bench to 135. I read a deal that says if you work yourself to death too often, your muscles don't recover--which I actually knew, but I forgot to include the fact that I was going out at noon every day to tear up huge roots from my neighbor's lawn with an axe and a mattock, which is a bit of a workout in its own right.

I really like the weight lifting--I have to do it to get good-looking for my modeling career, but I think I'd do it even if I weren't involved with that. It sounds overly masculine, but I like feeling strong, and tracking your progress really gives you a sense of accomplishment. Don't worry, though, I'm not going to become one of those weightlifting addicts (no protein supplements, please) who has to squat 500 pounds and have 2% body fat before he feels satisfied. Meh.

Somebody wanna do something tonight? I'm kind of bored, all I've been doing is helping my parents look for stuff at garage sales, and the open house job yesterday was pretty mind-numbing.

 

No comments: