Monday, April 12, 2004

Yet another post today, but I felt like I'd update people on what's going on in my future. Friday I went down to the Mayo-Hill modeling school again, and the interviewer, Jennifer Molleda, talked to me and showed me around. You know, those people are really, really friendly, and I think I'm going to truly enjoy working with them. In case I didn't mention it earlier, I'm guaranteed a two year contract once I complete their training program. God, I'm excited! I'm beginning to get fairly intrigued by the idea of being a model, not just because it's profitable. Which is good, because I want to enjoy my work.

Also, I will not be taking the three-period Hospitality course next year. I love cooking. I love the culinary arts, and I'm still bent on going to cooking school and becoming a chef. But I think that class is going to be a waste of time. Not only would I have to drive down to the Galleria every morning, but it's not really a culinary arts course. That's a little part of it, but if I'm in a kitchen for one week and manning the front desk at a Mormon-owned (no offense to Mormons, it's just that they really want me to cut my Goddamn hair, which I won't stand for) hotel chain the next eleven weeks, it's going to be a waste of gas. The hell with paying 300 dollars for summer school, too.

And another update: I'm really, really happy.

No comments: