Friday, December 19, 2003

My lack of new posts as of late isn't intentional; my parents forgot to pay the power bill, and for two days I studied by candle and propane light.

Finals week has been a subtle hell for me. The finals themselves were actually not nearly as challenging as I'd feared, but the fact that we had a full day of school on both Monday and Tuesday infuriated me. Monday, I slept through six periods, Tuesday, five and a half. The other days of the week, despite consisting of two periods per day, started at the same time as usual. I guess letting us moTHER FUCKING SLEEP IN HELL DIE JESUS for once would be too humane for the Klein Independant Suckers of Dicks. I feel so worn out, both physically and mentally, that I feel as if I'm fading into another reality, one farther back into my head, where I view the one you all are in from a distance, and interact through a series of complex controls.

But I am offered some relief. After the incredibly challenging choir final today, Larkin and I were able to spend a nice afternoon together. We went out for lunch, worked on her scholarship requirements, and watched a movie with Johnny Depp about LSD and, well, nothing. No plot; just Johnny Depp amusingly acting high all the time.

Speaking of frightening transitions from realities, an incredibly strange thing happened at Larkin's house this evening. While Larkin was boiling a pot of water to make tea, I had a strange premonition that Ari would be scalded by a spill while bending over, on the side of the counter closest to the fridge. Not two minutes later, she bent over to get a pan out of the cabinet at Larkin's feet, and Arielle let out a shriek of pain as the near-boiling liquid splashed onto her back--on the other side of the counter.

It's another "holographic model of the universe" thing; if you can think of an alternate reality, it has the chance to become one. Perhaps my subconscious mind was playing for me a holographic vision of one possible future reality, or perhaps I simply imagined the act taking place, and it coincidentially did, with a few details altered, such as the side of the counter Ari was burned on. Is time just a delicate fabric created and manipulated by our collective subconscious? God. This sort of shit is becoming noticeable to me more and more after I think about it, and believe it. The incident, of course, startled me, but I almost instantly remembered my recent vision and hypothesized the meaning of it all. The idea that the thing I'd envisioned happening later as a result (or according to a precognition, or fortune telling, whatever) didn't seem at all illogical to me.

No comments: