Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Vacations always feel good. I don't know if I feel rested and at peace with the universe, a new man, or anything like that, but not being at work for a whole week does something good to anybody. It was good to see the family, Julia, Austin again.

I ended up working Tuesday--the saucier called in sick--but as part of the deal I get Saturday all to myself.

I'm becoming more and more obsessed with the idea of finding my new apartment for this summer. It's still a little too early to get something for late June, but there's something I really enjoy about moving all my stuff into a new place. And this time, I've actually got stuff--I won't be sleeping on the floor for the first few days in what was, last time, essentially a very well-equipped kitchen with a big empty room attached to it.

So there's not much to write about, except that things are getting better financially. I'm extending the repayment period on my loans and consolidating them, which means I won't doling out my rent's equivalent in monthly payments for the next few years. The idea is, of course, that I will eventually make enough money to pay the loans back faster. In theory. Aside from that, I'm hoping to get a cheaper apartment, so this all means I might be able to put some money in the bank in case I want to, say, take another vacation in my lifetime, actually buy a bike, etc.

No comments: