Saturday, March 03, 2007

i gots mad thread count

So the apartment I saw today isn't bad. The appliances, shower, sink, windows are new, and it's been painted recently; the landlord does all the maintenance himself. The gas stove is, however, not even next to the counter. It's like, on the other side of the room. The place is also a little smaller, more like a studio than what I'm living in now. I met my potential neighbor, and he was a little creepy--a guy named Martin who'd been living in an identical tiny studio apartment for sixteen years ("Oh, he was late when he showed me my apartment sixteen years ago!"), whose hobby is collecting incense holders. Inconveniences like that aside, it is cheap. 335 a month with all utilities included and close to work, Whole Foods, the co-op... I would be saving a shit lot of money.

I don't think I'm going to take it though. The guy wants a full month's rent out of whoever gets the place, which means if I do take it, I'll have to move in very soon, most likely Tuesday. No deposit, but I'd have to pay first and last month's rent, meaning 670 bucks in the hole. I just paid 373 for my student loan payment, so if I did this, my budget would work out to... well, being broke until payday again, almost. I'm tired of that--last week I went out with my girlfriend to get breakfast and I was short a few dollars on the check. Breakfast. It was pretty embarrassing. I know I'm 19 and all, but I feel like I ought to have my shit together anyway. Right now I'm so caught up from this slump I've been in that I can actually afford groceries like a normal person. I have a high enough balance in my account that if I got shot in the chest on the way home tonight, I would be able to pay for my hospital bill.

Also, I bought new sheets today, something that has needed to happen for a long time. They were the first sheets I ever bought. I feel like a grown-up.

On an unrelated note, my cellular telephone machine is broken for the time being, so if you must reach me, use the interwebnet or the information superhighways.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yea... I'm with you - Martin DOES sound like the neighborhood poisoner! Maybe you don't really want to find a place TOO much less than what you pay now....:-)
There's many more to look at I'm sure... In another month or two, there will be a lot more on the market too...
NetMOM

Sterling Morris said...

I tell you what. Get a banana phone. They never break, never drop a call.

I bought a video card tonight, a hella nice one, an OEM open box deal for $70. Only because I made $351 last Saturday and I'm about to start a mural project that should yield me a bonus $1500+ dollars. Things are looking good.

And as for breakfast, I went in to IHOP with Kathy for free pancakes day and ended up spending $7 on coffee(terrible coffee), a tip, and a $2 donation to whatever was sponsoring the free pancakes. Breakfast can get expensive fast.

Anonymous said...

?