Friday, March 02, 2007

I just had a surreal moment. A girl I work with just walked right past the window of this coffeehouse.

I... just thought you guys would be fascinated by that. It was a great story.

Anyway, I've got some seriously excellent time off this week--Friday and Saturday, then Monday and Tuesday. I don't even know what I'm going to do. Today, so far, I went to Friendship to look at a new apartment, bought groceries (I'm not pathetically broke anymore!!), lazed around the apartment, and now I'm at Crazy Mocha in Oakland. And I've only been awake for about four hours! Imagine that.

I really have to get a bike. It's warming up and so people are starting to sell more; I saw a '92 shaft-driven Vulcan the other day that was just beautiful. I'm going to (if I wake up before noon) go and get my permit tomorrow so I can finally get my license--if not tomorrow, I'll do it Monday or Tuesday. I'm trying to move out of this place a little early so I can start saving a little money... I'm just paying too much for where I'm living now, and the rent plus the crippling debt from student loans doesn't leave me with a lot at the end of the month. This apartment I'm thinking about is only 335 a month with all utilities included; the only downside is I'd have to do my laundry at the laundromat half a block away.

On an unrelated note, I need to dye my hair tonight. I've got some pretty bad roots going on.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I liked your Blond Curls... :-(

Anonymous said...

Ditto.