Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ugh, what a terrible day. My head feels like Hollandaise sauce. I donated blood yesterday and went to work about five minutes later, and closed alone (though I did have the best burger I have ever eaten, ever). I stayed up til 2 writing my speech on coffee and woke up this morning with this headache, and realized that I still haven't gotten little cups to serve coffee to the class in. So I'm skipping class to get those, be better prepared, and have more time to brew 1.5 qts of coffee to put in the stainless carafe I bought. I guess that's a fairly good reason, right? I'm doing really well in meats anyway, and I could grill flank steaks and make pico de gallo (on today's agenda) with my hands tied behind my back. I dunno. I use the available abscence days kind of liberally, but then again, I'm a busy guy and I never skip when I know there's something important--if I wake up already ten minutes late and feeling like I've been hit with a ton of bricks, but I know I'll be making tourne vegetables all day anyway, it's not really a big deal and I'm no worse a cook for doing it. I got competency signoffs for every cooking method weeks ago, so the biggest thing I have to worry about is the cooking practical next week before I go home. We're responsible for making one portion of a meat, a sauce to go with it, a starch, and we're given a vegetable and told to make it taste good.

No comments: