Sunday, November 13, 2005

All hope abandon, ye who enter in!

Work in 20 minutes. Damn the Steelers and their "football". I wish to have nothing to do with the dilly-dallying of Pittsburghers on their way to the Big Game. But I must--we're open on home game Sundays, so I have to put in five hours on my usual day off. But it's all good, because I've got next Saturday off. A whole Saturday. It's never happened.

We got slammed yesterday at work, but handled it pretty well--nothing thrown against the wall, no one's job lost. Today will probably be worse anyway. This place is truly a sports town with a drinking problem and Olive or Twist is literally on the way to the damn stadium.

I've been delving into Dante's Inferno (the Longfellow translation) lately and greatly enjoying it. It's wonderful to be able to just read a classic without rending it to pieces for extra credit. I'm truly glad I didn't have to read this in AP English, because I think it would've been ruined for me. Also, I got a sweet-azz hardback copy for eight bucks at Barnes and Noble. The thought of being called an Arch-Heretic after death is pretty sweet, I must say. I think after work I'm going to the Southside as I too often do to read more about hell.

~si est dolor, meus.

No comments: