Wednesday, July 20, 2005

city bunnies





Yo. Just got back from sitting around the fountain at PPG place (shown at left), reading the paper/writing down recipes for class. The place is gorgeous at night with the water all lit up--if you look up from what you're reading it's like you're surrounded by chandelier skyscrapers. Those buildings encompassing the plaza are like crazy modern Gothic castles or some shit.

I didn't mention it earlier, but a few nights ago I went for a stroll on the Northside, which you have to cross one of the bridges over the Allegheny to get to. Turns out there's this really big park/walking path running along the bank of the river. I must've seen twenty rabbits jumping around. It was a little surreal combining a little nature with the steel jungle of Pittsburgh, but the riverside offers an awesome view of the city at night. I could hear a rock concert going on at an ampitheatre in Station Square. I kind of want to get a fishing pole now, after being at the dock...

Christ it's cold in Penn Commons! I'm wearing the winter coat that I bought. Which is totally sweet. It's this big leather thing with furry stuff all on the inside.

Yeah, that's it. I'll keep posting now that my computer works. I forgot to mention that it broke again; one of the blades on the CPU fan just fell off in the middle of the night so I had to go down to radio shack and buy a new one, splice the wires from the fan onto an old plug and insulate the bare contacts with twist ties, and then, lacking screws, I attached the new fan to the heatsink with fucking paperclips. I just know it's gonna blow up or something, but hopefully I'll be lucky and it won't cost me 300 dollars, because I've missed AIM and my blog.

No comments: