Friday, July 29, 2005

argh

I cannot wait until Strategies class is over. We're in the computer lab right now learning how to use fucking Microsoft Word. It feels like I'm bleeding thousands of dollars in student loans out my eyes.

Luckily, this class doesn't last as long as the others--only 26 days versus 38 or something, so eventually I'll be able to wake up and go straight to the kitchen, and at 9:30. All I want to do is cook. And yes, I want to learn the sanitation and even the math (though I know that already). I mean, I get the significance of "proper time management", but I feel like I'm being taught by Mrs. O'Leary in 5th grade what study skills I will need for the utterly crippling challenge of junior high school. "Mrs. O'Leary would like you to highlight this text now."

I got a 97 on my broccoli beurre noisette practical anyway. I think an important aspect about the kitchen is that you have to work as a team, but at the same time you can't rely on others too much. For example, if I'd gotten my own damn icebath yesterday I could've shocked my product a lot faster if everyone on the damn range hadn't been using the same bain-marie.

No comments: