Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Well, I'm back throwing out flyers again. Despite the numbing exhaustion that accompanies the job, I'm glad to have it again. I've got something to do, at least, though I wish the damn weather would cool down. The forecast shows the temperatures dropping right when I plan to be through with my work. Ugh.

I realize that I haven't written a gargantuous post on homecoming. I'll do it when I'm not so tired, but in a nutshell, best dinner I ever had, enjoyed myself at the dance, went to 24 hour Starbucks downtown until 2:30 AM, and had a cool date.

Apparently somebody signed my name on a list of people going on some class trip to the Renaissance Festival, or something, and the teacher of that class was wondering who the hell I am and why haven't I turned in my money yet. I dunno who signed me up, but I might as well go anyway. I missed it last year and if things go the way I'd really, really like them to, it'll be my last October in Texas for awhile. CIA wants six months of food preparation experience for entry, though I'm still entering their pie contest. Looking at a multitude of culinary schools in the East now, one of them being in Pittsburgh. Awkward as the conferences with the counselors are, they reminded me that I've got to start work on applications. I have a lot of essays to compose regarding food.

No comments: