Thursday, September 23, 2004

I sure am glad I don't know any standleaders.

To a lot of people I must be a walking contradiction. I can put on an outfit that varies from black only in an orange cat hair or two, and come to school looking like I've been hit by a train full of Nyquil, and then sing uplifting gospel/jazz music.

Tribes 2 is a good game. Gamespy gives you a free CD key now, and I happen to have the Gillespies' CD left over from long, long ago, so I've been giving it a shot. It's really the same old junk with better graphics, but I am absolutely in love with the vehicles. I was in Tribes 1--my skill at piloting Scouts is mind-boggling, in that I often fly underneath miniscule bridges in order to drop bombs or fire rockets at unsuspecting Starwolf--and now I am able to actually enjoy the grav cycles, bombers, mobile point bases, shrike turbogravs and the like without playing some god-forsaken unbalanced mod that looks like ass and plays like a fucking Dragonball Z episode. A teammate will frantically rant of an incoming bomber, and I am able to jetpack towards the practically indestructible vehicle pad in time to intercept such a threat with an agile fighter, which allows me the enjoyment of watching ejected Tribesmen fall to the ground like pathetic ants--along with the charred rubble of their craft. I can park an assault tank in a ravine thousands of meters away from the enemy base, and constantly lob mortars blindly into turrets, inventory stations, and people. It's the first different and enjoyable gaming experiences I've actually bothered to have in awhile (besides playing Doom 3 at Sterling's), and makes me actually consider investing in a graphics card less than six years old.

The Breakfast Club is a badass movie.

No comments: