Saturday, January 17, 2004

What a treasure chest Salvation Army is! For eight bucks, I got a gray silk shirt, and a 100% wool Valentino blazer. Nothing's wrong with either item. For all the ridiculous extravagance of rich people, I must say that I love them, because the second a thread comes loose on their custom-tailored Italian suits, they give them to the needy.

And so, posing as an Armani model, I went with Larkin to Julia's birthday party today. The event turned out to be a great success, Julia waving her flail and dagger around everywhere at the end, while Todd drank iced tea with soy sauce in it. The Mongolian Cafe is not that bad, either, for a buffet-style restaurant. Of course, I'd always rather go to Pepper Chino for the sushi buffet, but a bunch of stir-fried noodles is nice if you've got the right company.

No comments: