Monday, August 27, 2007

extra special

So, my temporary living arrangements are working out pretty well for me. Bear and I have a much stronger working relationship now that I've asserted my whole alpha male deal (I am now walking the dog, vs. the do walking me). Also, I've used the gas stove once already to cook a decent meal.

I got my security deposit from my last landlord (finally!) and I'm finally caught up on all my financial bullshit enough to put a security deposit down on a place if I manage to find one. I think I'm going to live by myself again if I can find the right place. I need plenty of space to be the slob that I am at heart.

In the basement of this place is an old Trek carbon road frame, complete with Campagnolo components. It's got no saddle or pedals, but there are cobwebs on it and the chain is rusted out. I'm trying to find out who owns it so I can buy it... the damn thing weighs less than 20 pounds. If I could build it up with the better parts off the Concord, I'd have a fucking racing bike.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like it's yours to me!!

If there are cobwebs on it....

Netmom

Sterling Morris said...

yes, dibs on the bike.