Tuesday, January 23, 2007

yargh!

Tired of being busy. Isn't January supposed to be a slow month? Saturday, we did 140 people between five and 9:30, when we sat our last table. We sold 77 ten year anniversary menus. My whole body hurts. And just when I start to lose it, ranting about needing a vacation, I find myself really enjoying working saute on a busy Monday night. There's got to be something wrong with me.

Speaking of vacations, I've almost worked at Soba for a year. And once I hit that milestone, I get five days of paid vacation! Literally, last night was the first time I ever read the corporate employees' handbook. I didn't really even know it existed.

In any case, it's wok tonight, and the stove again tomorrow, and then two days off. I'm going to eat and cook and sleep, and maybe go to the art museum. The only responsible thing I have planned is to send in my rent. Oh, and scrabble tomorrow.

I need to go to the coffeehouse more often, it's the only time I ever write.

~kickass

No comments: