Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Yawn. And now for approximately two and a half months of not caring about much of anything. I've got 110 dollars in my pocket right now from mowing lawns, went to a party last night, just sitting around right now. Yep, just sitting. It's badass.

I've done something really different with my songwriting recently; rather than try to achieve insanely complex polyphonic synth sounds at 140 tempo, I quit the hard trance thing for awhile and made a really mellow, lounge-esque track in Fruity Loops. It's not perfect, but has some neat, varying drum patterns, some real smooth flanged pads, and a simple bass line. I think the "chillout" genre is actually more my kind of thing, although my song with the "Curses, I've been double-crossed by my own devilish magnetic device!" quote is pretty funny despite its generic techno sound. I guess at least Mr.Raddin taught me the difference between major and minor chords. Ask me on AIM and I'll send you the lounge track.

Went to the pool today with Sterling. It's amazing; I remember in my youth I'd go swimming for four to five hours at a time with people, and yet I almost never do it now. I think I'll probably get awful skin cancer from all that someday, but oh well. After the pool, Sterling and I just kinda walked to Jackpot Pizza, and, well, ordered a pizza. We ate it in these people's lawn, and they didn't really mind, which was cool. I really enjoy the freedom of being able to spend money and yet not having to worry about paying for anything that requires any real responsibility, like cars, bills, insurance, etc. I probably ought to get my license soon anyway though.

Tomorrow's the first runway class in my series of modeling classes. Last week's was actually really informative, despite how ridiculous me and a bunch of black guys looked applying foundation and concealer. Learned that it's actually a bad idea to use products that are 46% alcohol to treat acne, and as a result I bought some decent skincare stuff at Walgreens and my face is looking a lot better. Yay for metrosexual people. Jesus God, I actually bought some blue jeans awhile ago too, and I like them. It's okay, though, because they're not nearly as cool as my goth pants.

Fucking Texas is hot. I think I just realized that after living here for ten years. It's really hot here. When I leave home I'm going to go to New England and bask in the freezing cold weather in winter.

No comments: