Sunday, September 28, 2003

Ha. Eight in my room for district.

Which was, this year, an interesting event. I've been doing this shit for so long that, in the midst of the simple cuts and the long wait before my actual audition, I sort of forgot it was the thing that would move me on to region auditions. I mean, district is so fucking easy to make. I just enjoyed sitting around with people, then moved where people told me, did what I've been doing after school for the past couple weeks, and left. Actually singing is only a minor part in the whole experience.

Highlights of the day:

1. Random people complimenting me on trenchcoat and silver nails
2. Playing soccer with a crushed water bottle
3. Being snuck up on by Mary and Julia while I stood singing Ave Maria alone
4. Being hit on by some random chick who wore a bandanna in her hair named Callie Somethingwhatever, who, despite the evil scheming of my table to smite her (and even a little Satanic provocation by myself), seemed like an allright person. Or rather, she seemed like a mindless drone, proclaiming to me after being shown my blasphemous doodlings her Christian faith. Who cares- it's the concept that matters to me. I don't ever get hit on by anonymous little choir members. The attention I get these days is really making me feel good about myself.

And besides that, I'm already taken by a wittier, doctrine-free goth chick who has much more interesting hair. Too bad for Callie.

5. Being smothered by hall monitors' hugs (FUCK THE FUCK OFF, FUCKERS). No, I'm not nervous. Yes, I'm in touch with my Chi- if it'll make you go away. I've done this district shit for what now, like, three fucking years? I'm trying to sleep, you spastic, caffeinated bitches! The only thing I like about you two is the money I could make selling videotapes of your ditzy, everyday actions!

So that went well. Mary brought me home in that car with the black leather seats and the standard shifting, and I tried to put the seat back and ended up reclining enough to easily look through the sun roof. Fun stuff.

After district, I wandered over to Mr.Morris looking for work, but he seemed preoccupied with putting in windows to his newly remodeled house, leaving me with no profits (but no exhaust-pipe burns, blisters, sore muscles, or total exhaustion either). Meh. It allowed me to clean myself up and spend some time with the creature that's allowed to come up without notice and run fingers through my head of silver-blue hair. We tromped around in the backwoods, poking slime molds and fending off mosquitoes. We went in search of new nail polish colors, and vegetables for a homemade pizza. We lay side by side until almost midnight, when that damned curfew whisked her gentle caress away from me. What a crime that is.

No comments: