Thursday, September 11, 2003

Ah, I don't update enough anymore. But here's what things are looking like these days:

English: Nice class, people in it aren't mentally retarded, but all the literature we're reading is this Puritan go-to-hell-for-eating-my-sandwich crap. Religion is so silly...

History: Sucks. I'm doing allright in it, of course, but Mr.Turks still sucks. The only thing he seems to like doing is discussing things, and he's not going to find much intelligent debate amidst that KleinForumsy crowd. I mention the GSA issue from last year and the entire class is all like OMG HHAAHAHA FAG CLUB

Physics: AUGAHGHAGH. I'm failing. 61. Though I got a 78 on yesterday's quiz, I don't think it's going to be worth 9 points on my average. And there's a test tomorrow. My mother wants me to consider dropping out of honors, but how that would SUCK! No one to share the work of the class with, and next semester, I won't be in the class with Larky! I must, fucking must pass that class this year. Every six weeks. If I don't, my faith in myself will be utterly DESTROYED, and I will declare myself a fowl, unintelligent artichoke.

German: Herr Kidd is awesome. Deutschclub's first outing was a few days ago, to Mountasia. Had some fun there jumping on all the rocks and saying DER BLEISTIFT a lot. Ah, der bleistift. Wo ist du?

Choir: I'm never patriotic. Ever. I don't stand up and say the pledge of allegiance or bother observing our moment of silence during this "Patriot Day" that's been declared due to 9-11. In fact, until 5th period yesterday, I didn't know today was 9-11. So call me an incompassionate bastard. I call the whole thing a ridiculous human clusterfuck anyway. And now we want to keep troops over there for another six months. I betcha we've killed a lot more of them than they have us. Sickening. It's just a mindless ping pong game of vengeance- except the ping pong ball is travelling at several hundred miles per hour, and is made of lead.

But back to choir. I'm no person to get into singing the Star Spangled Banner, but I'll do a good job of it chorally if that's what's required of me. I mean, I do go in there every day and praise god through those hymns. So it hasn't put me in the best of singing spirits. Neither has district rehearsal and its Aaron Copland crap. There are no blessings of harvest. Maybe grain, and, like, a sandwich. I'd eat a sandwich if I harvested several fields of corn.

But chamber choir kicks ASS. I wish it were more than one day a week. Such fun! The basses don't suck so badly! Not even the tenors suck! It's a good thing to look forward to on a Monday.

And finally, in Algebra: Mrs.Jenkins is kinda funny. She treats all her students as complete fuqtards. And I don't blame her. The first six weeks seems to be a review of 8th grade pre-algebra, and some people are failing.

So all is relatively well. Ah, but my time with Larkin is so restricted these days, by school, choir, the need for sleep, and other committments that I'm, well, committed to. Didn't get to see her much at all today, so I long to be touched- a hand on my cheek, a hug, hell, a glass shattered on my head! As long as it's done by her! She gets me through all this. I think that, without her, I'd be failing even Algebra right now. There's just no motivation if I have no one to look forward to getting the fuck out of that cinder-block deathcamp for.

I guess I'm doing allright regarding my grades. Physics is the only thing I'm worried about, really. If I don't pass, I know I'll be ineligable for something really really fun in choir. That's never happened to me. And it's my junior year. I really need to do well. The future will start looming in my face too- just today, I was considering who I can get to nominate me for scholarships and colleges and awards and all that. I think the only teacher who knows me is Mr.Raddin. Maybe, in a pinch, I'd go to Mrs.Schnell. I just don't make friends with my teachers unless they're cool, and that's a rare thing when you've completed two years of high school in almost all regulars classes.

Have you ever stared at your monitor while touch typing long enough that your vision sort of zoomed out and made the monitor seem really small?

I think I need to go to bed.

No comments: