Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hey!

Today, I'm going camping with the entire Legume staff, at Raccoon Creek State Park. It's just today and tomorrow, but it should be fun. Opal's coming too. I've done a lot of prep since I signed up to do dinner--my 16 quart is full of beans and stock, I've got a bigass bowl of French bread rising, etc.

Other than that, not much is new. The restaurant is doing very well since all the reviews came out, I'm riding my bike an awful lot, my life has actually reached a period of financial stability where the only thing I need to worry about is work, and everything else is taken care of. It's pretty nice. 60 hours a week in a kitchen isn't bad, but when you have rent, bills, student loan payments, and feeding yourself in the back of your head the whole time, it can be taxing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly exhausted. It's 2:30 and I just woke up.

My thoughts are not quite coherent yet. Maybe more later when I've had my coffee.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So... how'd the campout go...?

Anonymous said...

Talking on the phone with you last night made me realize how much I miss talking to you face to face. Come to visit as soon as you can please!!