Monday, February 05, 2007

every drop of flame

So I'm sitting in Crazy Mocha, post-winter experience. The cold really is pretty wild--to witness the things that happen to the environment at -18 wind chill are pretty amazing--but it's not really that bad if you keep everything covered up. I suppose my eyelids feel pretty cold after walking around, since that's the only part of my body that was exposed.

I've been cutting back a bit on coffee. Yes, me. I've decided to continue drinking awful amounts of it in the morning, on my days off, et cetera, but I no longer drink at work. There's some clarity of mind to be had from avoiding overcaffeination on the line, and I enjoy the ability to cook a la carte for a 40-person party calmly, speaking the usual profanities sotto voce rather than shouting them.

3 comments:

Cait said...

its way too cold outside when you start to lose feeling in body parts.

Anonymous said...

Any luck with the package?

Karen said...

I always thought it really bizarre when the ground actually freezes... and, be sure to keep your camera INSIDE your coat! Your LED/LCD screens will freeze... and the condensation when you walk inside really mucks up the works...
too bad you are up there freezing your whatever off... it was 72 and sunny here today - for the SECOND day in a row!