Wednesday, November 01, 2006

view the world from american eyes


Well, nothing out of the ordinary is going on here. I feel the need to write, however, and besides, people yell at me when I don't.

Autumn, though? That's incredible. Despite only being my second up here, the season is impossible to take for granted. At this point, the leaves have done what they will, so people are all fucked up about winter being almost here, but that's the quirkiness of Northerners for you--anger and depression over shit they have absolutely no influence over. Not that I'm saying anything bad about Northerners, since in the South, the theme is to picket gay peoples' funerals, stomp you into the ground for having unique beliefs and opinions, et cetera. I could go on for awhile.

Tomorrow I've got another Scrabble match at The Quiet Storm. It's becoming sort of a weekly thing between Zach, Jacque and I, for which I am very happy. I've had a consistent schedule with Wednesdays and Thursdays off for awhile now, so to get out after the end of the work week and do something intellectually challenging is a rather refreshing change from various Orders, Fires and also, Pick-ups. Maybe the greatest thing about any time off from my job is that I can allow myself to simply concentrate on one thing alone, instead of ten, fifteen entreès all at once, which can be a bit mentally exhausting.



6 comments:

John said...

it's a work in progress. it's been the same format for four years, so it's time to modernize. working on getting some food photography in order for my header and icons.

Sterling Morris said...

this looks neat. If you want anything illustrated for your new deal, let me know.

Karen said...

We WANT MORE PICTURES...
WE WANT MORE BLOG!
or else we'll have a COMMENT Riot...
C'mon readers.
We're tired of no blogging from our (maybe speaking for self) favorite Debrouillard (and what exactly is a debrouillard?).
Anyway...
WE WANT MORE BLOG!
netMOM

John said...

i worked 54 hours this week.

Sterling Morris said...

54 Hours? Man I work 54 hours EVERY DAY. lol. That's rather impressive man. I couldn't physically work 54 hours in a week at my job. I would die. Some weeks I'm drafting in the office, some weeks I'm shoveling bull rock and mixed soil. It's a toss up. Next week I think we actually start decorating those churches for Christmas

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT A NEW LAYOUT!!!

This will surely rock the world as I know it.