Saturday, November 25, 2006

amazing wok team!

The Soba Restaurant and Lounge wishes you a very happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah, yeah, I haven't written in awhile. I'm not dead though, despite the inhuman consumption of various wines and spirits on a very, very fine Thanksgiving enjoyed with my friends from the restaurant. Highlights of that particular evening include Trivial Pursuit 80s Edition, a board game called Cranium, and actually letting some of these motherfuckers get into cars to drive home. I also have an exquisite photograph of our general manager with his sweater pulled over his face, which, in the interest of my career, will not be making a debut on the internet. All in all, a lovely holiday this year, even if it was away from the family--dinner prepared by a professional chef is undoubtedly something to factor in as well.

What have I been up to lately, you ask? Well, aside from being the new American Dream, I:

--Had a very short-lived affair with a young photographer (smoker. yuck)
--Baked several loaves of bread very, very late at night
--Worked roughly 55 hours last week, a contributing factor in my dear journal's hiatus
--Fixed my 35mm camera
--Began working on music for a caroling ensemble composed of co-workers and other friends (It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night, a Morten Lauridsen O Magnum Mysterium, and that old Balulalow, right out of the Klein High School Choir's music library)

More to come after I bust my ass for twelve hours tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cait said...

5 dollars says the little one in the funny blue chair drank the most that evening. no?


;) happy (belated) thanksgiving.