Monday, July 31, 2006


Those hours at Soba are paying off. Today I bought a 5.5qt Cuisinart mirrored stainless sautoise. I've had my eye on it for awhile, and it is quite possibly the sexiest piece of cookware I have ever been able to lay upon my own stove.


This, and another pepper that hasn't yet ripened are all I really got out of my plants. Nevertheless I've got to cook this guy soon and it doesn't take a lot of habanero to make something great.

Today the apartment has begun to take form. With the aid of my new desk (Ikea, used, 5$ and a cumbersome walk down my street, via craigslist.com) I can now sit at the computer without hunching over a cardboard box, and today I acquired many essentials including coffee mugs (still have no glasses or silverware, I'll be back tomorrow for that probably), ice trays, and a toilet brush. Tonight a friend and I will conquer some pizza from scratch and likely sit and eat on the floor.

No comments: