Saturday, March 11, 2006

can I get an all day on what I'm firing?

Sorry for the recession into silence but I have been busy like never before in my life. In the weeds. My job at Soba is what I saw myself doing as a line cook--absolutely busting my ass. Today it was 2:30 in the afternoon to 12:30 at night. I was so sure I would get my ass handed to me tonight that I skipped my related classes to show up and start prepping. It was absolutely insane, and my first Friday night working my own station myself. I'm really loving it, though. And I must not be too bad at it so far; they ordered jackets in my size the other day, and tonight the sous said he'd like me to come in sometime on a day off for dinner on the house with a friend.

The whole pastry thing is working out quite nicely as well. This week it was some french bread and pizza dough followed by some soft rolls. On Monday it's cinnamon buns and coffee cakes.

No comments: