Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sorry I've disappeared off the face of the planet for awhile, but I recently underwent possibly the busiest and most stressful time yet at the restaurant.

Yes, it was another trendy fusion prix fixe menu, complete with pinot grigio spelled wrong on the fucking advertisement. I cooked over 76 of them one night, some terrible amount for the rest of the time. The entire array of courses was unbalanced completely; all on saute, nothing for the other cooks to take the load off. It was just me cooking the shit out of some food, really fast. As usual. I need a change of scene, to put it mildly.

Today I had an interview with a man named Trevett; a fellow food-lover and veteran line cook. He and his wife are opening up a tiny, tiny bistro in Regent Square with emphasis on French and Italian country cooking. This is my opportunity to serve pate de campagne to a few people at a time--and in a brand new kitchen with one or two other guys, nonetheless. I've just got to fill out his application, but being the first interested cook, I think I may have the job if I want it. He says he'll match my wage. Closed Sundays and Mondays, dinner only from five to ten. Jesus motherfucking Christ, this is so exciting! I can get away from that evil corporation and their Mexican restaurant chains once and for all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo! Change is good.