Wednesday, December 06, 2006

a year in first sentences

January: Well, the year is over. With the new year, I'll be truly settled into my new life--as both a professional cook and an independent person.

February: I miss the clef. It was never about the people or the recognition, though the sense of self-accomplishment and community helped me immeasurably during that time in my life.

March: This is incredibly good. I've got Thursday and Friday off both work and school. I don't even know what I'm going to do, but it might involve the strip district around noon, parsnips, turnips, or rutabagas, and perhaps the catch of the day.

April: Woo! Sweet party last night. Woo. I may have found a house to live in too, which is good. We'll see how that works out.

May: Get together a Vidalia onion, a few cloves of garlic, a lime, two almost-ripe mangos.

June: So I got paid (for 89 hours of work) just in time to pay first month's rent on my new place.

July: Well, the move (some boxes and luggage) is complete.

August: Before finishing, this was the dull wood panel in my small dining room, complete with streaks from someone's shoes and specks of paint.

September: I'm sorry, but occasionally, vegetarians make me a little angry at humanity.

October: Forgive my literary hiatus, but I've been busy making dinner for thousands of people.

November: Well, nothing out of the ordinary is going on here.

December: Hooray! Winter is finally here, although this time last year I was already up to my ankles in snow.

1 comment:

Sterling Morris said...

weeeeeeee years go so much quicker in single sentences!