Sunday, April 30, 2006





from top: a lovely savory tart of caramelized onion and leek, carrot, garlic, fresh herbs. my new kitchen. my new room, before organization. the living room.

So yeah, I moved out of my school's dorm. I'm living in a 3-bedroom apartment now with two v. nice roommates. I don't have anything to sleep on but an air mattress yet, but pretty soon I'll have a real bed and a desk to replace this cardboard box with. I built a big shelf. Things are really looking up. Living in a place with windows, a bigger kitchen, and roommates who can go to Wines and Spirits for me is keeping me in a very good mood all the time. Aside from that, yesterday was my final day of fifth cycle, a la fundamentals of pastry and baking. On Tuesday I will start the Advanced series of classes, and get out of 12:30 (meaning I will no longer have such rough sixteen-hour days).

My apologies for not being in contact with people--I've been moving, settling into my new place, working a lot, and going to school at the same time recently. Today was one of those 2 PM to 1 AM Saturdays, so my updating right now is a result of massive caffeine consumption on the line carrying over into the next day.

No comments: